The following aspects summarise where our priorities lie over the next academic year.
Outcomes for pupils (standards)
- Early Years – All children make at least expected progress in Writing and Physical development
- Maintain improvement in Phonics development for Reception and KS1
- Reading – Increase % of pupils attaining at expected standard in all year groups, develop diversity, fluency and speed of reading, review whole class and group teaching of reading
- Writing – Improve KS2 Spelling scores, review handwriting policy and practice
- Maths – Increase % of pupils attaining at expected standard in all year groups, in particular with regards to rapid recall of number facts
- PPG – continue good or better rates of progress but decrease gap between them and their non PPG peers
Quality of teaching, learning and assessment
- Ensure consistency and impact of 3-part teaching model and further develop specific strategies for teaching mastery (Part 3 “Moving on”) i.e editing in English, higher order thinking skills in LTE and Reasoning in Maths
- Embed Assessment practices and tools (Target Tracker) and further establish standards banks thereby quality assuring judgements
- Review and develop RE curriculum through involvement in the Diocese’ “Understanding Christianity “ project
- Develop Spirituality through creating areas of reflection inside and outside
Personal development, behaviour and welfare
- Reduce number and severity of pupil emotional/mental health issues through consolidating “Thrive” initiative across the whole school.
- Implement PSHE curriculum.
- Improve staff health, sense of well – being and job satisfaction through bespoke provision.
Leadership and Management
- Establish MAT leadership and governance
- Develop leadership of core subjects
- Implement first stage of outside improvement project and complete library