School Development letter to parents – Autumn 2016
School Development update letter to parents – Spring 2017
The following aspects summarise where our priorities lie over the next academic year.
Outcomes for pupils (standards)
- Early Years –Improve Reading and Writing Attainment for boys and girls
- Reading – Maintain excellent provision
- Writing – Inspire and raise standards for all
- Maths – More able mathematicians – increase the number of pupils achieving more than expected progress
- PPG – continue good or better rates of progress but decrease gap between them and their non PPG peers
Quality of teaching, learning and assessment
- Introduce and embed new Assessment practices and tools (Target Tracker).
- Review pedagogy of whole class and group teaching through “Let’s think in English” initiative and subsequently increase number of outstanding judgements.
Personal development, behaviour and welfare
- Reduce number and severity of pupil emotional/mental health issues through introducing “Thrive” initiative across the whole school.
- Develop PSHE curriculum.
- Improve staff health, sense of well – being and job satisfaction through bespoke provision.
Leadership and Management
- Develop staff expertise with the new national curriculum including the new assessments requirements – subsequently fine tune curriculum.
- Develop new website as a more effective tool for pupils, staff and parents and governors – ensure full statutory compliance.
- Embed new leadership roles of Head of School, Head of Teaching and Learning, Executive Head.